Privacy and Security
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
• We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your needs and to conduct our business.
• We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services.
• We may pass your personal information to other entities as permitted by law.
• We will not disclose your personal information to any external organization unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
• We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies, but we will only do so under proper authority.
• We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
• We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
• All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
• By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy is important to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
• Security is our top priority. We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
• All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Cookies can make the site more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular sites, thus enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users. The information collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
- Marketing Promotions
Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in promotion (online or over the telephone). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact us by sending an email to us (firstname.lastname@example.org ). We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
If we do ask you to provide personal information, we will always specify the purpose for which such personal information is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purpose specified at the time of collection.
Notice to Customers Relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the ‘Ordinance’)
This Statement is made by us in accordance with the Ordinance. The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
• From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the establishment or continuation of services.
• Failure to supply such data may result in us being unable to continue our services.
• It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
• The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
• the daily operation of the services provided to customers;
• designing services for customers’ use;
• marketing services and other subjects as described in paragraph 6 below;
• meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us; and
• purposes relating thereto.
• Data held by us relating to a customer will be kept confidential but we may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 4:
• any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, or other services to us in connection with the operation of its business;
• any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us including a group company of us which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
• any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us;
• any actual or proposed assignee of us or participant or sub-participant or transferee of our rights in respect of the customer; and
1. external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, telecommunication companies, telemarketing and direct sales agents, data processing companies and information technology companies) that we engage for the purposes set out in paragraph 4; and
2. charitable or non-profit making organizations.
Such information may be transferred to a place of anywhere in the world.
In connection with paragraph 5 above, of all the data which may be collected or held by us from time to time, the following data relating to the customer (including any updated data of any of the following data) may be provided by us, on our own behalf and/or as agent:
• full name;
• Identity Card Number or travel document number or certificate of incorporation;
• date of birth or date of incorporation;
• correspondence address.
• Use of Data in Direct Marketing
We intend to use a customer’s data in direct marketing and we require the customer’s consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
• the name, contact details and other service portfolio information of a customer held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
• the following classes of services and subjects may be marketed:
1. legal services; and
2. donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
• the above services and subjects may be provided by or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by us and/or:
1. third party services providers; and
2. charitable or non-profit making organizations;
• in addition to marketing the above services itself, we also intend to provide the data described in paragraph 6 to all or any of the persons described in paragraph 6 for use by them in marketing those services and we require the customer’s written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose;
• we may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph 6 above and, when requesting the customer’s consent or no objection as described in paragraph 6 above, we will inform the customer if it will receive any money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons.
If a customer does not wish us to use or provide to other persons his data for use in direct marketing as described above, the customer may exercise his opt-out right by notifying us.
• Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any individual has the right:
• to check whether we hold data about him and of access to such data;
• to require us to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
• to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by us;
• to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request.
• In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation.
Not all the services that you may be able to view via this Site may be available in all geographical locations. You may make enquiry with us by sending us email.
No representation is given that any service discussed in or accessible through this Site is suitable for you or any particular person. You acknowledge that your use of this Site and any requests for information you have made as a result of visiting this Site have not been solicited by us and that the provision of any information through this Site shall not constitute or be considered an advice.
Copyright and Trademarks
We and other parties own the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website. These may not be used without the written permission of us or the party owning these.
Materials on this site are protected by copyright. No part of these materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without our prior written consent.
Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information materials contained in this website, such information and materials are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
We are not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user’s own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use. By providing hyperlinks to other websites, we shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service/products they provide on their web site, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and web sites. We are not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by us.
Email messages sent to us over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. We are not responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to us, or if we send a message to them at their request, over the Internet. We are not responsible in any way for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Transmitting over The Internet
Due to the nature of the Internet transactions may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. We are not liable for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages and transactions you send.
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the Site.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.